Click on “schedule” button, then classes tab to register
Sundays at 3pm – 4pm
April 23, 30, May 7, 14
Use your regular class pass to attend
Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan:
Kundalini Yoga is the Yoga of awareness. It derives its name through a focus on awakening Kundalini energy (energy said to be located at the base of the spine) for the purpose of”.
In 1969 Yogi Bhajan challenged the age-old traditions and brought the teaching from India to the West. Toronto became the birthplace of publicly taught Kundalini Yoga.
Kundalini is a dynamic and powerful technology and when we apply the practices to our bodies and minds, there is an uplifting of the spirit and an elevating of our consciousness. It is a practice that is designed to build physical vitality, balance the glandular system, strengthen the nervous system and enables us to harness the energy of the mind and the emotions. We are more whole, grounded and in control of our lives.
Every Kundalini class is structured this way…..
1. Tuning in….We tune in to the teachings with a mantra and synchronize the group energy
2. Pranayam…Breath-work designed for a specific outcome
3. Kriya….A specific set of exercises that generate energy, organize that energy to bring about a desired outcome.
4. Relaxation….When we reorganize our energy and healing takes place.
5. Meditation….A specific meditation that compliments the above practices
6. Close….We acknowledge the end of the practice.